Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes.
Top Review by OscarMire
I just tried this with lean ground chicken. I have never eaten lean ground chicken before and I never will again. It had hardly any taste at all. The pineapple sauce with green peppers was the only good thing about this.
- 1 large egg, fork-beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 14 ounces pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup (can use sugar free version)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown Sugar Twin, packed
- 1 medium green pepper, diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Add ground chicken or pork. Mix and shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Arrange on a broiler tray and broil, turning once, until browned, about 4 - 5 minutes per side.
- Place meatballs in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Combine next 8 ingredients in a saucepan. Mix water and cornstarch in a small cup and then add to saucepan. Heat and stir until boiling and.
- Pour over meatballs (if preparing the night before, cool sauce thoroughly before pouring over chicken and placing in the refrigerator).
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Great with rice or all alone.
- (I freeze them and mircowave for fast lunch with few crackers).