Recipe by sml212
Tastes great. Easy to make and a good way to use leftover turkey or chicken.
Top Review by Crochet Mama
Loved this! Really tasted great and was quick. I didn't have any leftover chicken, so I marinated a couple of chicken breasts in orange juice and soy sauce overnight, then cubed and stir-fried.
To get five stars, drizzle a little sesame oil and rice wine vinegar over the whole mess at the end of the cook time, then stir in.
Added 7/21/10: I've made this several times now, and never have leftovers. Today I made it with the meat from leftover barbequed chicken leg quarters. The barbeque flavor really adds a good twist to this dish.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 -2 cup of cubed cooked chicken or 1 -2 cup turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 3 green onions, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discard or save remaining juice); set pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute the carrots, peppers, ginger,and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken to the skillet, heat through.
- Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil until smooth.
- Pour sauce into the skillet; bring to boil, stir until thickened (about 2 minutes).