Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
these are elegant for a luncheon..or shower...I usually grill the chicken breasts on my George Foreman and chill before cutting into cubes..
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 20 -24 slices bread
- 10 -14 pineapple slices, well drained
- to prepare filling.
- mix cooked chicken, celery, chopped hard boiled eggs and add enough mayonnaise to moisten and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- to assemble the sandwich "cakes".
- mix cream cheese with enough pineapple juice to make a smooth consistency.
- to assemble the cake; cut two slices of bread, using pineapple can.
- butter both pieces on one side.
- layer in this order:.
- one slice of bread, buttered side up, one pineapple slice, one scoop of chicken filling and topped with a slice of bread, buttered side down.
- frost top and sides of sandwich with frosting mixture.
- can make the sandwiches the night before.
- place sandwiches on a tray, cover with plastic wrap and a damp tea towel and frost the next day.