1/1 Photo of Pineapple Chicken Burritos
7 hrs 30 mins
This sounds like a wonderful tropical version of classic chicken burrito. I found this at Real MOM Kitchen posted by Laura. This recipe makes a lot and has freezing tips for OMC. As we are currently in the middle of playing spring PAC have not gotten a chance to make so the times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups salsa (needs to be medium heat or it will be too balance out well)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 10 -12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1Place the chicken in the crock pot and top with the pineapple, beans, and salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 2Remove the chicken and shred. Mix the chicken back into the pineapple/bean mixture.
- 3Mix the cumin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper into the rice and add to the chicken bean mixture.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 5Use half the mixture to fill 5-6 of the burrito size tortillas. Allow the other half of the mixture to cool for freezing.
- 6Place the 5-6 made up burritos in a 9x13 pan. Pour 1 can of the green enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- 7Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese and place in middle rack of oven and bake until the cheese is nicely melted.
- 9TIP: Place the remaining cooled filling mixture in a gallon sized freezer bag and freeze for another meal. Then place remaining Tortillas and shredded cheese in separate freezer bags for freezing.
- 10To use thaw all three bags. Then follow steps 4-7.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Chicken Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 1465.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g