Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A nice comfort food dish. I like the blend of spices along with the pineapple. The sauce is delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix together flour, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg; dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture.
- In a heavy skillet brown chicken breasts in melted butter.
- When chicken is golden brown, transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce and sugar; mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until chicken is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes longer, basting with pan juices several times.
- Serve sauce with the chicken, if desired.
This was delicious! I used the extra flour mixture to thicken sauce. Served with Wild Rice pilaf. My husband practically licked the plate!
Yum, yum good! We had this for dinner this evening and it really hit the spot. I didn't have the celery salt but will be sure to add it next time. I also cut way back on the butter to brown the chicken and it still turned out great. The chicken was moist and tender with a sweet and savory flavor. This was great comfort food for this cold winter's night.