Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Taken from the "Slow Cooker and More" cookbook.
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 113.39 g mushroom, sliced
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml orange peel, grated
- Combine 2/3 cup flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, onion powder and black pepper in large bowl.
- Thoroughly coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Place sweet potatoes on bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with chicken.
- Combine soup, juice, mushrooms, 3 tbs flour, sugar and orange peel in small bowl; stir well.
- Pour soup mixture into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or noodles.
This was alright. The chicken was sort of bland. I don't think we will make this again though
Excellent! I loved this! I omitted the mushroom because no one in my family cares for it and the onion powder because I didn't have any I agree with another reviewer who said the flour mixture was too much-probably would only need to make half next time. Also used the fat free soup to make it more healthy--but its so healthy already! I would also recommend slicing the potatoes quite thick if you want them to remain in tact, otherwise they become complete mush but if you like them that way theres no problems! so flavourful and easy-this will be a regular in my house! thanks!
The flavor of the sweet potatoes on this was great! The chicken was a little bland for our taste, but all in all it was a good meal. Would be especially good 'comfort food' on a rainy winter day. May even add pineapple tidbits next time or just use the recipe minus the chicken and cook the potatoes like this.