Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
sooo yummy over rice! I usually make due with the amount of sauce this makes, but it gets quite thick, so if you like lots of sauce for your rice you may want to consider making extra. This is quite a sweet dish... If you are not a fan of sweet sauces you may want to skip this or make adjustments.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Dip in egg, then coat evenly with seasoned breading mix.
- In large skillet stir fry a few pieces at a time until golden brown,add oil as needed.
- Remove chicken and drain on paper towel,drain oil from skillet.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar,stir in reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soya sauce until smooth.
- Pour into skillet, cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir one minute,add cooked chicken,pineapple bits and green pepper.
- Heat through and serve over rice.
Another "quick, easy, and fancy"! I omitted the eggs and bread crumbs and just dipped chicken in flour. The sauce is fantastic. Thanks Rhonda!
This is fabulous! I omitted the green pepper, my dh doesn't like it. I seasoned my crumbs with salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. It looked great! Everyone loved it!
We just got back from Jamaica and ate some incredible local food, including pineapple chicken. I decided to try it for friends last week and made it again today with amazing results both times. The sauce is amazing and so easy. This time I added some unsweetened medium coconut to the breadcrumbs. It made the dish! My guy loved it and couldn't stop thanking me for dinner! Definitely a keeper for the recipe box. Oh and adding cucumber as well turned out nice and crunchy. This recipe is endless for options.