Recipe by Rhonda *J*
sooo yummy over rice! I usually make due with the amount of sauce this makes, but it gets quite thick, so if you like lots of sauce for your rice you may want to consider making extra. This is quite a sweet dish... If you are not a fan of sweet sauces you may want to skip this or make adjustments.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Dip in egg, then coat evenly with seasoned breading mix.
- In large skillet stir fry a few pieces at a time until golden brown,add oil as needed.
- Remove chicken and drain on paper towel,drain oil from skillet.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar,stir in reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soya sauce until smooth.
- Pour into skillet, cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir one minute,add cooked chicken,pineapple bits and green pepper.
- Heat through and serve over rice.