Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A kid favorite at our house. Has a sweet-tart flavor. Very quick for those busy times.
Top Review by beccalanders31
Enjoyed this one. Just takes a little stirring and that's about all there is too it. I used an extra-spicy BBQ sauce. The tangy flavor was nice and I liked the crunch of the water chestnuts. Kids and husband thought it was great, too. Thanks for an easy dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a saucepan; stir until mixture is smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally.
- Add in the chicken and next 3 ingredients; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon rice onto individual serving plates; top with chicken mixture and serve.