Recipe by teresas
This is out of an old Pillsbury cookbook called "Real Home Cooking" dated 1991...it say's that strips of chicken and chunks of pineapple bake in a sweet-sour sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving 3/4 cup liquid
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3x1-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In medium saucepan, combine onion, sugar, garlic powder, ketchup, 3/4 cup reserved pineapple liquid, lemon juice and soy sauce,.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat: cover and simmer 15 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- In plastic bag or shallow bowl, toss chicken strips with flour to coat.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in hot oil 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange cooked chicken and pineapple in 12X8-inch (2 qtr) baking dish.
- Top with sauce; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is hot and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.