Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was on the back of a packet of 'Maggi Onion Soup'. Wanted to post it here so I can add it to my public cookbook of ways to use a packet of Maggi Onion Soup.
- 225 g pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1 (32 g) packet onion soup (use Maggi if you can get it)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 small chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Drain pineapple reserving juice. Measure and make juice up to 3/4 cup liquid with water. Place all ingredients, except chicken, in an unperforated oven-bag. Shake to combine. Add chicken.
- Loosely secure top of oven-bag. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Turn once during cooking.
Really good - but we felt it would have been better if it were marinated a while first. I was outvoted because I wanted to add a bit of sugar too, but the rest of the family liked the more savory taste. Maybe just me, I think of pineapple and sweet. Definitely easy to make! Made for A-NZ #36 Recipe Swap Go Beetroots!
Delightfully simple and flavorful dinner - may DH really enjoyed this. I made it using 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a whole can of the pineapple with natural juices, and had to use grounded ginger as I had no fresh (sorry). I served it over brown rice and they ate it all up! This will be a regular in our rotation - what a great work night dish or when you don't feel like standing over the stove!! Another keeper, Jewelies!!! ;)
This is a very good chicken recipe! Simple to prepare, and a tasty sauce. The chicken was much tastier the second night after soaking in the juices. The next time I make this, I might try marinating the chicken in additional pineapple juice before baking. I might also strain the juice and thicken on the stove with cornstarch before serving. Tasty, healthy, and delicious! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT3.