Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Festive fowl with a hint of the islands.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, with 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with garlic powder.
- Dip chicken in egg, then flour.
- Put chicken in pan.
- In saucepan, mix together sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy, and salt. Bring to boil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and arrange pineapples around chicken.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Plate it up and enjoy!
This dish was awesome, taste like we were eating out at a chinese place but way cheaper!! thanks alot