Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Taste Of Home years ago and it was a family favorite for a long time. For some reason I had not made it in forever. We got back from Hawaii and I wanted to make a dish commemorating the trip and remembered this recipe. I made it and it was as delicious as I remembered. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside.
- Combine mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice; mix well.
- Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Loved it! Though I made a few changes...omitted dijon mustard (didn't have any) and added 1 tsp of each: tarragon, poultry seasoning and ginger. (Needed more spice for my taste) Thanks for sharing this one!
Made for Pick a Chef and a real winner! The only change I made was to make it with pineapple tidbits instead of slices. I served this with brown rice. Thanks for posting!
This is a great meal, my boyfriend loves it. It has become one of our favorites.