Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this recipe because it reminds me of my youth. My Aunt Abbie made this often for family dinners.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) canchrushed pineapple, drained
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- Separate eggs.
- Combine sugar, flour and melted butter.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add to sugar mixture, mixing with an electric mixer until well-mixed.
- Add drained pineapple and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold into the mixture above.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells and bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes.