- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, reserve juice
- 1 jar maraschino cherry (3 Tablespoons cherries - chopped, reserve juice)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- diced onion
- bell pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- water chestnut
- habanero pepper, for true fire
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from pineapple, add enough maraschino juice to make 3/4 Cup of liquid Add lemon juice, blend in cornstarch to liquids.
- In a medium saucepan add the liquid and stir in the spices.
- Cook over medium heat, stir until thickened, add any options at this point.
- Remove from heat, stir in the tidbits and cherries.
- Baste over ham slices, grilled chicken or veggies.
- Refrigerate any unused mixture.