Recipe by Scott's Sassy Girl
I experimented with different ingredients to make these muffins very tasty. I know you can't find Pure Pineapple Extract here, but I have a friend who lives in Hawaii and she sent me three bottles as her family makes it just for family and friends they also a specialty shop. But a friend in the lower 48 told me that I can find it in specialty shops for cooks. So that why I used the pure pineapple extract. I have also used Rum and coconut extracts they are very good to.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure pineapple extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the crushed pineapple, chopped cherries and the extracts. Add the beaten egg and melted margarine. Mix well. The batter will be very thick. Spray the muffin tins with a vegetable spray. Put the batter in the muffin tins. Sometimes I use 3/4 cup chopped pecans with 3/4 cup Splendor Brown Sugar substitute for a topping. Makes them even more yummy.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.