Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in a Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- In bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for one hour until cool.
- Stir in milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice; mix well.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer 2/3rds full. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Got a friend of mine to lend me her ice cream make (at her place, of course) while I provided all the ingredients for this wonderful ice cream ~ I came home with half of it, & she got the other half, which was a good trade, I thought! This ice cream was delicious & satisfying, for sure! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]