Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious and simple cake for any occasion. A little on the lighter side, since it uses light pie filling.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Spread crushed pineapple evenly into a lightly greases 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spread cherry pie filling over pineapple.
- Stir together cake mix, 1 cup water, and oil just until blended. ( Batter will be lumpy) Pour over cherry filling. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until golden.
This was ok. I think the flavor is better after it sat for a while. My guests said it was good but they liked the other type of dump cake better. This was light and has a nice flavor.
I try to keep pineapple and cherries in the cupboard because the two combined make a good match. I needed a quick and easy recipe and one that matched the things I had on hand. This was nice and very satisfying and made a nice presentation at the party I was attending. Yum!
I wanted an easy dessert with stuff I had in the cupboard. I wasn't disappointed! Made this last weekend and loved it for the taste and how easy it was to put together. I even left out the pecans since I can't have any nuts right now. It goes in keeper file. Thank you.