Recipe by KittyKitty
Delicious and simple cake for any occasion. A little on the lighter side, since it uses light pie filling.
Top Review by momma213
This was ok. I think the flavor is better after it sat for a while. My guests said it was good but they liked the other type of dump cake better. This was light and has a nice flavor.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread crushed pineapple evenly into a lightly greases 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spread cherry pie filling over pineapple.
- Stir together cake mix, 1 cup water, and oil just until blended. ( Batter will be lumpy) Pour over cherry filling. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until golden.