Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This came from Grammy Nell's arsenal of goodness. Not too difficult.. its kind of complex but the result is always a winner. Don't be confuse by the sugar being listed twice in the ingredients for the filling. Its used in 2 different steps. Cook time includes chilling time
For the Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup toasted and finely chopped almonds (food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
For the Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained (reserve 1 cup of juice from can)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat whipping cream
- For the crust:.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients with a fork and press into 9x13" pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set.
- For The Filling:.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs.
- Stir in 2/3 pineapple juice.
- Pour over hot crust and bake about 20 minutes or until middle is set.
- Cool completely.
- In a saucepan mix flour and 1/4 cup sugar,stir in the reserved pineapple juice.
- Heat to a boil over medium heat, stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and fold in pineapple.
- Cool Completely.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until stiff.
- Fold in the cooled pineapple mixture.
- Spread carefully over top of cream cheese and crust.
- cover and chill for 4 hours.
- cut into squares.