Recipe by MA in Florida
This is a rich cheesecake with a pineapple sour cream topping. It is made in a 2 qt. oblong baking pan (about 7"x11"). I have even made it in a 9"x13" If using as part of a dessert tray they can be cut in small squares and served in muffin pan liners
Top Review by nita 284904 southern girl
This is intended to help others that need to know what 3/8 pound of butter is as i did.... it is 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter Also 7/8 cup sour cream is 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄8 lb butter, melted (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 7⁄8 cup sour cream (3/4 cup plus 2 TBS)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and set aside 1/4 of the mixture.
- Put the rest in 2 quart oblong pan and press down on bottom and sides.
- Blend together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour over crumb crust.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 30 minute.
- Meanwhile, mix the drained pineapple with the 1/2 teas. vanilla and the sour cream.
- When cake comes out of oven cover cake with the pineapple sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake another 5-10 minute.
- Refrigerate when cool.