Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a rich cheesecake with a pineapple sour cream topping. It is made in a 2 qt. oblong baking pan (about 7"x11"). I have even made it in a 9"x13" If using as part of a dessert tray they can be cut in small squares and served in muffin pan liners
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄8 lb butter, melted (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 7⁄8 cup sour cream (3/4 cup plus 2 TBS)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and set aside 1/4 of the mixture.
- Put the rest in 2 quart oblong pan and press down on bottom and sides.
- Blend together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour over crumb crust.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 30 minute.
- Meanwhile, mix the drained pineapple with the 1/2 teas. vanilla and the sour cream.
- When cake comes out of oven cover cake with the pineapple sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake another 5-10 minute.
- Refrigerate when cool.
This is intended to help others that need to know what 3/8 pound of butter is as i did.... it is 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter Also 7/8 cup sour cream is 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
This was great and wicked easy to make. I had been reading other recipes and I saw one that called for a crust made out of coconut cookies, so I bought a cheap brand of macaroons, crushed them and used them for the crust. It was absolutely delicious. Next time I make it I will do the same although I am thinking of adding some toasted coconut to the top as well.
This is heaven, for sure! What a great cheese cake. Light and refreshing. The graham cracker crust is perfect for this. This is a keeper and I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing, MA in Florida.