Recipe by babygirl65
I made this for Easter and it was delicious!! I love pineapple anything!!
Top Review by Curlee
I have been making this recipe for years although I do use a different crust. (2 cups flour, 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup almonds that are finely chopped and toasted, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix with fork and press in pan, then bake 15 min.) Easy release from the pan.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple, crushed and drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- First bake crust.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffly. Add flour, pecans and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Press crust into bottom of 13 x 9 greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Filling. Beat cream cheese in bowl until smooth and fluffly, beat in 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs. Stir in 2/3 cup of juice.
- Pour cream cheese mix over hot crust. Bake just until center is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Topping. Mix flour and 1/4 cup of sugar in a sauce pan. Stir in 1 cup of saved pineapple juice. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat, fold in drained pineapple. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold into pineapple mixture.
- Spread carefully over dessert.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Cut into squares.