Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this for Easter and it was delicious!! I love pineapple anything!!
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple, crushed and drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- First bake crust.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffly. Add flour, pecans and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Press crust into bottom of 13 x 9 greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Filling. Beat cream cheese in bowl until smooth and fluffly, beat in 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs. Stir in 2/3 cup of juice.
- Pour cream cheese mix over hot crust. Bake just until center is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Topping. Mix flour and 1/4 cup of sugar in a sauce pan. Stir in 1 cup of saved pineapple juice. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat, fold in drained pineapple. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold into pineapple mixture.
- Spread carefully over dessert.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Cut into squares.
I have been making this recipe for years although I do use a different crust. (2 cups flour, 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup almonds that are finely chopped and toasted, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix with fork and press in pan, then bake 15 min.) Easy release from the pan.
The cheesecake and topping were great tasting. Don't know about the crust as I couldn't get it out of the pan. The crust appears to be very hard, I can't cut. Will work on a way to make this again with a different choice for the crust.