Recipe by Candace Michelle
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty, and changed it up a bit. Other than the crust, it is a no-bake dessert. Use a store bought crust and you have a super quick treat! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine wafers and butter. Press into a 9 in pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve jello in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes then stir in pineapple.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheeses until blended. Gradually add pineapple mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust and chill 4 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle extra 1/4 cup of wafers on top of pie before serving.