Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea of the origin of this recipe. I know that my sister and I are the fourth generation (at least) to make this recipe. I warn you: it is an acquired taste, but it goes great with anything. To me, when I think of northern central Louisiana cuisine/southern food, this is the "salad" I think of.
- Assemble the salad as follows:.
- Place 2-3 (or more) lettuce leaves on a small salad plate.
- Top with pineapple rings (1-2 per person).
- Fill the "hole" in the pineapple ring with a 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with cheese to "hide" mayo.