Recipe by Becca- B
From the Company's Coming Cookbook.It's one of the easiest and best tasting desserts ever. Light and fluffy with bits of pineapple.
- 1⁄3 cup hard margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (the small size container of cool whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Graham Crust: Melt margarine and add graham crumbs and first amount of sugar.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Firmly press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Pie Filling: Beat the cream cheese and second amount of sugar until smooth.
- Add pineapple, lemon juice, and salt. Stir.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into crust and chill.
- To save time I buy the ready made graham cracker pie shells. Then, the rest of the pie takes about 5 minutes to make and even less time to eat!
- Note, I have made the recipe with cool whip lite and lite cream cheese to reduce fat and calories. There is no real loss of taste, and I can have a bigger piece of pie!