Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The first time I ate this casserole I almost ate the entire thing! It is my Aunt Martha's recipe. It is absolutely delicious!
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers (tubes, not boxes)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Place pineapple in casserole dish.
- Mix cheese, flour, and sugar;then pour over pineapple.
- Melt margarine with cracker crumbs and place over mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
yes, it sounds strange. however, this is really a gem. my grandma has made this for me before, and it is really good. i was skeptical at first....pineapple, cheese, and ritz crackers?? but i put my doubt aside and gave it a shot. this is true southern food.
I make this all the time for Hawaiian potlucks. It is always a hit! The sharper the cheddar the better!
Delicious. However, I cut the sugar in half, and that was perfect for us.