Recipe by crazymom
A wonderfully soft moist quick bread from Paula Deen at Food TV.
Top Review by Renegade Chef
I was given a Lady & Sons cookbook for Christmas and this was the first recipe I tried. The only difference is that my version used walnuts instead of pecans. Pineapple and cheese seemed like an odd combination to me, but it works.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pineapple extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pineapple, eggs, oil, and add to the flour mixture, mix well.
- Fold in the cheese, nuts, and pineapple extract.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 by 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- At 350 degrees.