Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I received this recipe from a friend at work. Love this recipe because it is delicious and works up in a few minutes. Just the right touch of sweet vs. savory. Cook time is actually refrigerator time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided into two one cup portions
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated onions or 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- cracker, of choice
- Mix all the ingredients, using only 1 cup of the pecans listed and form into a ball.
- Reserve 2nd cup of pecans for topping.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, roll cheese ball in reserved cup of pecans.
- Serve with crackers of choice.
Hi Jellyqueen, This is a great recipe. I have made it 6 times for friends and family and everyone LOVED it. I added it to our recipe book at work(I'm a cook by trade)I did use 1/8 cup red bell peppers and 1/8 cup green bell peppers and sweet red onion...for different colors. I have found the longer it sits in the freg the better the flavors mix.So now if I'm doing a party I will make it 2 days before. I must say it is a big winner in our town.Anyone that want's a great cheese log..Be sure and try this one. Thanks
This is the best cheese ball I've ever tasted. I make it into 2 logs instead of one ball. It's so much easier to serve. People eat much more of it this way, in my experience. I do leave out the green pepper. My son LOVES this!
YUMMM! I added another 1/4 cup of red bell pepper as this was done for Christmas. I wouldn't make it again without doubling the bell peppers. I also added a couple dashes of cayenne pepper. It didn't make it hot, just rounded out the flavor, I guess. I believe I added a little more pineapple too but can't remember. The grating of the onion was almost unbearable so I might try onion powder next time so I don't mess up my mascara. This was so good and got better every day after Christmas! THanks so much for posting and I will be adding this to my recipe tin!