Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and it is a must that I prepare several of these at Christmas time for my family and to share with friends.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- Add pinepple to softened cream cheese.
- Mix pepper, onion and salt into cheese mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts to mixture.
- Form into 2 balls and cover with remaining nuts.
- Chill and serve with crackers.
I used this recipe at a New Years party. It was a big hit!
I made this yesterday for my daughter's birthday party, and while the kids wouldn't touch it, the adults loved it! It isn't overly saturated with the pineapple flavor, just enough to add a sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing here!
I had a similar cheese ball at a meeting and all I knew was it had pineapple and green peppers in it. I came here to find a recipe and yours sounded best to me. It isn't exactly the same - the other one was a sweeter and had less green pepper but the flavor of this one is very balanced and quite good. I did make a couple of changes... I made one gigantic ball instead of two normal-sized ones... I used a full 20 ounce can of pineapple, drained well and then pressed between paper towels to remove even more moisture.... and I also only used about 3/4 to 1 cup of chopped nuts - 1/2 cup in the cheese ball mixture and then sprinkled the remaining 1/4 to 1/2 cup over the top. It was a hit at the party I took it to and 3 people asked me for the recipe.