Recipe by *Parsley*
Great on wheat crackers. I make it into a "log" sometimes for neater slicing. Prep time does not include chilling .
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
DELICIOUS! I wanted to serve something and since I love cream cheese & pineapple sandwiches, I was intrigued. I took your advice and made a log-my ball looked goofy! So easy and lots of great flavor. Only change was that I used seasoned salt instead of regular salt. Thank you so much for a great recipe!!!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans, DIVIDED
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, pineapple, 1 cup only of the finely chopped pecans, onion, green pepper, chives and salt. Mix well.
- With clean hands, shape into a ball (or log) and roll in remaining chopped pecans to coat.
- Wrap tightly and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.