Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I make this for Christmas Paries
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Drain pineapple, put on a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Mix all ingredients with 1 cup of the nuts.
- Roll this mixture in the remaining 1 cup of nuts.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving. Can be kept in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- This can be frozen for later use, it can also be divided to make 2 smaller balls.
- Serve with crackers.
I made this to munch on Thanksgiving morning while I prepared the rest of the meal. Everyone really liked it. I still had some left a couple of days later and we made little tea sandwiches that we ate with cocktails.
This recipe and a box of triscits makes its own private party because it leaves me not wanting to share. I did not use the pecans (trying to save the calories-lol) Love the combination of pineapple and green pepper. Thanks for the post.