Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tried-and-true recipe I've had for about 20 years and get rave reviews every time I make it. Don't let the name fool you, nobody ever figures out pineapple is the secret ingredient! I always buy the pecans already ground, the finer texture works better.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, plus extra for rolling
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained (squeeze the juice out)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Blend all ingredients together. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Shape into a ball and roll in additional ground pecans to coat. Serve with crackers (Sociables poppyseed crackers go well.).
- Hint: For chilling, line a small mixing bowl with a large piece of plastic wrap. Scoop the cheese mixture into the plastic and fold the excess plastic wrap over the top. When mixture is chilled, gradually unwrap as you roll in the ground pecans. This will keep your fingers from getting sticky and makes it much easier to handle.
Have made this cheese ball several times and my family and friends love it. Delish!!