1 hr 20 mins
A really nice not overly sweet breakfast or snack bread. Excellent with morning tea or coffe break snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained,juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For Lemon glaze
- 1 large lemon, juice of (about1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix together crushed pineapple, melted butter and the egg.
- 3Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture.
- 4Mix together by hand.
- 5Add pineapple juice, as necessary, to moisten.
- 6Add cheese and nuts.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- 9Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- 10To make glaze: Whisk together the sugar and lemon juice over low heat just until sugar is disolved.
- 11Poke holes in the still warm bread and slowly pour the glaze over the bread allowing it to seap into the holes.
- 12Let bread rest at least several hours or overnight to set before cutting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Cheddar Tea-bread
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 579.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g