Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I know it sounds strange but really good. Got this recipe from Jack Daniel's The Spirit of Tennessee cookbook. Don't let the pineapple throw you...this is a side dish not dessert.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (preferably juice packed)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers (crushed, about 25)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp of juice.
- Arrange the pineapple on the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine the flour and sugar; sprinkle over the pineapple.
- Drizzle the reserved pineapple liquid over top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Combine the crackers and melted butter; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
Your guests won't be able to resist this dish! Wherever I take this, I get asked for the recipe. Delicious!
i had this at a potluck once, i thought it looked very strange, but the flavors all go so well together and i would definitely make this.
My family liked this well enough. I thought it made a puny little casserole that tasted okay. Didn't have any trouble making it, the recipe is really easy, but I would have liked some more substance. I would make it again if my family requested, but not otherwise.