Recipe by Petdrwife
I know it sounds strange but really good. Got this recipe from Jack Daniel's The Spirit of Tennessee cookbook. Don't let the pineapple throw you...this is a side dish not dessert.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (preferably juice packed)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers (crushed, about 25)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp of juice.
- Arrange the pineapple on the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine the flour and sugar; sprinkle over the pineapple.
- Drizzle the reserved pineapple liquid over top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Combine the crackers and melted butter; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.