Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family makes this every time we have a ham dinner. It is more of a sweet spoon bread than a bread, you certainly would'nt eat it with your hands. We always double this recipe and it is still all gobbled up.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups white bread, cubed
- Cream butter and sugar , add eggs, beat well. Stir in pineapple and bread cubes.
- Place in a well greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown and well set.
- Serve warm.