Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained (savethe juice)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- Pour drained pineapple into baking dish.
- Mix sugar, pineapple juice and flour.
- Pour over pineapple and stir.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Mix crushed crackers with melted margarine and spread over cheese.
- Bake at 350 º F for 30 minutes.
I really like this. I had it once before at Thanksgiving. It is great with ham. I'm so glad I found this recipe.
This was very intersting. I used Splenda instead of sugar which worked fine and cheddar for the cheese. I was a little curious about this...never would have though about putting pineapple and cheese together, but it was actually a nice combination. It was a bit sweet for us, so I think I will cut back to about 1/4 cup sweetener. Would make a great side to ham. Thanks for posting.