Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in a stack of recipes. I have never seen anything like this, and can't wait to try it myself.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Drain pineapples, reserving 3 TB of juices, and spread in bottom of dish.
- Mix flour and sugar together, then stir in juice, spread over pineapple.
- Stir in cheese.
- Mix crumbs and butter. Pat on top of mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
This is a really good recipe. I used the tidbit cuts of pineapple and made sure to drain the pineapple really well. Also, if you have the time grate your own cheese vs the bag stuff it makes a big difference. For the crackers I swapped out the Ritz with Wheat Thin Toasted Garden Valley Veggie Crackers. I crush the crackers and put them on top of the pineapple mixture. I then drizzle the melted butter over the crackers - I think it gives it a better crust on top. The crackers give it a savory vs. sweet flavor and it is really good.
Mine was runny and did not re-warm well. I drained the pineapple and measured everything correctly. I don't know what went wrong.
Made dish according to recipe but used fresh cut pineapple since I had some going bad. Overall a very tasty dish, the cheese gave me pause but when served I couldn't taste it.