Recipe by Dib's
Great as a side dish with Baked Ham and Green Bean Casserole! Really!!
Top Review by Lindan96
We have always made this recipe in my family, but we mix the sugar, flour and cheese into the pineapple then put the crackers and butter on top. I think it gives it a more blended flavor. Regardless, this is a wonderful dish for any occasion.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with 1 T. butter.
- Drain pineapple.
- Place crushed pineapple evenly along the bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of pineapple.
- Cover with Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Melt butter and pour over the top of cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.