Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great side dish when serving ham. And my kids love it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 6 tablespoons of the juice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour. Gradually stir in cheese. Add pineapple and stir well.
- Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs, butter, and pineapple juice and spread on top of pineapple mix.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I too use this same recipe. It was featured on Food Network, Paula Deen's show. It's a great Thanksgiving recipe too.
I made this for a Christmas party, and most people liked it pretty well. I made it exactly as directed, but I'm wondering if there is a mistake in the crumb topping. Once you add 6 T of pineapple juice and 8 T of butter to 1 c of cracker crumbs, it is beyond soggy. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be, but if I made it again, I would reduce those amounts drastically.
I use this same recipe, and it is one of my very favorite Thanksgiving side dishes. Thanks for posting!