Recipe by Tina D. Breen
This is the recipe from Food Network, Paula Deen's show. My mother made it and it is great. Even the kids liked it.
Top Review by brierabon
I am not allowed to show up for Thanksgiving dinner without this! Seriously. I have made several versions but adding the pineapple juice to the topping makes a big difference - this is the perfect one!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from the pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour.
- Gradually stir in the cheese.
- Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended.
- Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.