Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This healthy rice side dish is bursting with flavor!
- 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon fat-free margarine, spread
- 1 teaspoon fat-free margarine, spread
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- Once cooked, add Bouillon, thyme, onion, and parsley. Stir to combine over low heat.
- Add in grated carrot and pineapple. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in spread until melted. Serve immediately!
This is both healthy and quite filling. I had it for lunch with side salad and strawberries. For my taste, I would reduce the thyme to 1/2 teaspoon. It was just a bit stout, but other than that, no changes. Thanks.