My father got muffins from a tenant of his (who happens to be a chef). My mom made my dad ask the chef if he would write down the recipe for her Then, My mom asked if I would make it, and I agreed with a sort of "ehhh, pineapple??" attitude. haha. Well, it's delicious! It's light and sweet. and I baked mine until they sort of got crsip around the edges (crunchy muffin tops are lovely in my opinion). The original recipe calls for walnuts, but I personally use chopped almonds instead.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, ground cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts.
- In a seperate bowl, combine wet ingredients: undrained pineapple, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just blended.
- DO NOT OVERBLEND, please. (: (it's for your own good, really).
- Spoon into greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center is clean when removed.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.