1 hr 10 mins
A step above the traditional carrot cake, It's delicious, pretty, and wonderful for a holiday table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large carrot, finely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 6-cup bundt,k tube or fluted cale pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the grated carrot, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- 3In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, at medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla well until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition. (Don't worry if the batter appears curdled.).
- 5At low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture until the batter is smooth.
- 6Fold half the batter into the carrot mixture, then fold in the chopped nuts if using. Set aside.
- 7Fold the drained crushed pineapple into the remaining batter.
- 8Spread the pineapple batter in the prepared pan, then spread the carrot batter on top. Using a knife, swirl gently through the batter to create a marble effect.
- 9Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then invert cake to the rack, remove the pan, and let cool completely.
- 11When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Carrot Marble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g