Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Veggie Life
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, see note
- 2 cups pineapple carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Note: They use canned pineapple with juice. Use the juice with the recipe.
- Drain pineapple juice into measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1 cup. Place chunks in an 8 inch sq dish or pan in single layer. You can cut smaller if you wish.
- In med saucepan, combine pineapple/water, juice, and agar flakes. Bring to boil over med heat. stir often. Reduce heat and simmer. stir often. Agar should be dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool until warm. Stir occasionally. About 20 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle grated carrots over the chunks. Carefully pour juice mix over them. Chill until set.
- Serve by cutting into squares and placing on lettuce leaf. Garnish with mayo or Vegan mayo if you wish.