Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe originally came from TOH ... however I have ammended it slightly-pureed carrots and pineapple instead of chunky and added more nuts. It is one of the best bread flavors I have had in a long time ... and my mother loves it.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup oil
- 8 ounces pineapple
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, oil and vanilla. Puree the carrots and pineapple, including the juice and add to mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.