Recipe by BrendaM
These low fat, healthy squares are delicious for lunch snacks or you could dress them up with some low calorie whipped topping,
Top Review by Katie5354
This was a great substitute for carrot cake--and very healthy! I subbed Brown Sugar Twin for the brown sugar, and 1 TBS of fruit baby food (I happened to have pears) for 1 TBS of the oil to lower the calories. This is a keeper--wish I'd had some FF Cool Whip to put on it!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 2⁄3 cup drained crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Stir well and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda; add to sugar mixture stirring well.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, raisins and milk.
- Pat mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in 350 degree F.
- oven for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in refrigerator, loosely covered.