1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Topping or Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8" springform pan.
- 2Peel, core, and cut pineapple into 1/2" pieces. You need 2 cups.
- 3In a blender or food processor, puree a third of the pineapple to make 1/2 cup puree, then add water to measure 2/3 cup. The remaining pineapple pieces will be used when assembling the cake.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs for 4 minutes. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating 4 minutes on medium speed (or until sugar almost dissolves). Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
- 5Heat pineapple puree and butter until butter melts; Add to batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 6Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack.
- 8Prepare topping/filling when cake is cool. Cut cake horizontally into two layers.
- 9Beat whipping cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- 10Place one layer on a serving platter. Spread with half of the whipped cream. Cover with half of the pineapple pieces. Top with second cake layer. Repeat whipped cream and pineapple pieces.
- 11Heat marmalade with 1 tablespoon water. Cool slightly, then drizzle over cake.
- 12Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Cake With Whipped Cream Filling/Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 162.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: