Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Topping or Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple-orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8" springform pan.
- Peel, core, and cut pineapple into 1/2" pieces. You need 2 cups.
- In a blender or food processor, puree a third of the pineapple to make 1/2 cup puree, then add water to measure 2/3 cup. The remaining pineapple pieces will be used when assembling the cake.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs for 4 minutes. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating 4 minutes on medium speed (or until sugar almost dissolves). Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
- Heat pineapple puree and butter until butter melts; Add to batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare topping/filling when cake is cool. Cut cake horizontally into two layers.
- Beat whipping cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Place one layer on a serving platter. Spread with half of the whipped cream. Cover with half of the pineapple pieces. Top with second cake layer. Repeat whipped cream and pineapple pieces.
- Heat marmalade with 1 tablespoon water. Cool slightly, then drizzle over cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.