Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taste the Tropics with this delicious cake! Your family and friends will think you really went all out, when they taste this Yummy Cake! And to keep things simple, I created it using a boxed cake mix. What could be easier than that. The frosting is really amazing! Try using it on cinnamon rolls. Tastes like the kind you'll find on that really popular cinnamon roll franchise. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix, I prefer Betty Crocker
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Cake: Add pineapple, juice included, along with eggs and oil. Mix well. Add optional coconut and nuts if desired. Pour into (2) 9" round cake pans, greased and floured. Spread evenly.
- Bake 25 - 35 minute or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove and cool on wire racks 5 minute invert and cool additional 10 minute
- Run knife along edges, loosen and place on cake plate.
- Prepare frosting.
- Cream the butter with the cream cheese till mixed well.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- Add vanilla and water.
- Consistency should be spreadable but not too runny or too stiff.