Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
We love this wonderfully sweet pineapple cake! It's absolutely luscious! It's so cold and refreshing on a hot summer day. Everyone loves this cake, especially my little girl. Make this the day before you serve it if you can. It gives the flavors a chance to blend.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
I don't know why, but I just never entertained the thought of making a pineapple cake!This is a wonderful cake! With the cream cheese frosting, it just puts it over the top! I had some walnuts just begging to be used, so I put some in. I also kept a tiny bit of the pineapple juice to use in thinning the frosting just a tad. Thank you so much for this recipe! It's as keeper!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 1 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and 1/4 cup butter until fluffy.
- Mix in pineapple with syrup, then dry ingredients. Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack, cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup butter and powdered sugar in medium bowl until fluffy and blended.
- Spread frosting over cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.