Recipe by Missy Hughes
A not-too-sweet cake that is very moist, and a cream cheese frosting that beats any there is!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In one bowl, pour can of pineapple WITH the juice (do not drain).
- Add eggs, water, vanilla, set aside. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, baking soda,& flour.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a 9x13-inch inch greased and floured pan (or; use two round cake pans).
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, then check with toothpick every 6 minutes or so. The toothpick should be dry when removed from the cake. This cake bakes to a dark brown color, so don't be alarmed!
- While it's baking, combine cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer,set in fridge. You can wait until your cake is completely cool to frost, or, let the frosting become a glaze for your warm cake.