Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 servings.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, drained, reserving syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy syrup, reserved from pineapples
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the Bisquick mix, baking soda, flour and then sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- PINEAPPLE CAKE GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 16 oz can crushed pineapple (drained with juices reserved). OPTIONAL glaze recipe: 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup reserved heavy pineapple syrup and 1/4 cup butter.
- PINEAPPLE CAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the sour cream, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; blend with an electric mixer set on low speed.
- Add the contents of the jar and continue to blend for 2 minutes; stir in the drained, crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into a generously greased 9-inch bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- If glaze is desired, stir glaze ingredients over low heat until combined and heated through.
- Transfer warm cake to plate and pour glaze over top; serve immediately.
- Cover and store leftovers for up to 1 week.
Well, I did all I could to mess this up. I only had 20 oz cans of pineapple in juice, not syrup. I forgot the eggs & beat them in at the end. I was expecting the cake to be tough but NO! And the extra 4oz of pineapple didn't hurt it, either! I did wreck the icing. I didn't copy the directions & tried beating it like frosting but it broke. Tasted good so I just glommed it on. You can tell from the pic my brother took that it didn't stop anyone! Absolutely delicious! Wonderful texture & so moist. I will definitely make this again! Made for Aussie Swap 1/14.